We’ve all been there. Your old trusty PC dies. First thing you do is buy a new one. After you’re done playing with all the new bells and whistles your old PC didn’t have, it’s time to thing what to do with the old fella. Here are some tips!
The whole system can be used like this:
- Give it away to friends or family who can use the "upgrade"
- Take it apart and see what comes out
- Create route/firewall for your network
- Creata a file server
- Install and try Linux
- Create a jukebox / media player
- Sell it
- Trash it / Recycle it
- Ceremonially set it on fire
- See what happens when you shoot it
- Symbolically throw it out of the window
If you only have the casing, this can be put to great use!
- Take everthing out and turn it into a barbeque
- See what happens when you don't cool your processor
- Strip it and sell the working parts
- Blow it up
You an also strip the insides of your case and put another device in it:
- Coffee maker
- Aquarium (with plexi glass plating, of course)
- Paper shredder
- Use it as a trash can
- Make it a mailbox
- Build a can dispenser (hit 'reset' to obtain a beverage of your choice)
The monitor (CRT) can be used for various purposes as well:
- This can also be converted into an aquarium
- Remove the tube and create a cage for small animals
- Ash tray
- CD / DVD Rack
Got your own personal favourite? Please post a comment and share it with us all!
If you're seeing this message you've probably enabled some form of adblocker. I respect that.
I use this space to show recommended books on Amazon.com in relation to the post you just read. This generates a small income that allows me to buy a book every now and then.