Well, it has happened to me. Although I make regular backups of my site, this time I was screwed!
Since I’m very interested in Ruby on Rails, I gave a RoR weblog, TypoSphere, a try. I exported my entire Wordpress blog to typo and I was a happy man. Until disaster struck… After a while I noticed that typo’s search functionality was not working. I recieved a MySQL error messages that the table containing my artilces did not exists! To make a long story short, all database files containing data were gone. Luckily I make regular backups every day automatically.
Well, I make regular backups and keep the seven most recent backup files at hand. But, you guessed it, apparently the disaster happened more than a week ago. So, all my backup files contained the corrupted database files. Bugger!
Since all my previous tutorials are gone, I’m going to start with a clean slate here. Please comment on my articles if you like and feel free to link anything you find here.
For now, I’ll have to re-customize my site and then I’m ready to start posting useful things here.
If you're seeing this message you've probably enabled some form of adblocker. I respect that.
I use this space to show recommended books on Amazon.com in relation to the post you just read. This generates a small income that allows me to buy a book every now and then.